The Bill Belichick Foundation Scholarship, a $5,000.00 stipend, recognizes high school seniors and college students who have improved and excelled academically while participating in athletics.
Bill Belichick is an ardent advocate of local charities and education and has consistently demonstrated his support through a wide variety of activities and contributions. He continues to build on that commitment through the Bill Belichick Foundation, founded in 2013, with Executive Director, Linda Holliday. The nonprofit was created to provide coaching, mentorship, and financial assistance to individuals, communities and organizations with a focus on the sports of football and lacrosse. The Foundation’s mission is to bring the values of the Belichick family – a love of sports, coaching and teambuilding – to the athletic leaders of tomorrow.
Belichick is the only head coach in NFL history to win three Super Bowls in the span of four seasons, and this year, he won his fifth Super Bowl with the New England Patriots. The Patriots’ Super Bowl Champion Head Coach has enjoyed great success during his NFL coaching career, winning two additional Super Bowls with the New York Giants and guiding the Cleveland Browns’ turnaround as head coach.
Selection Criteria and Qualifications
- The Applicant will be selected without regard to sex, race, creed or color
- A minimum of 3.0 grade point average
- Must be a graduating high school senior or a freshman, sophomore, or junior college student
- Applicant must play two or more varsity sports during his/her senior year of high school and one varsity or club sport in college (cheerleading may be included)
- An official copy college transcripts and/or last quarter/semester grades
- All scholarship applications MUST BE TYPED. Handwritten applications will be automatically disqualified
- The application must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation by a professor, Dean, coach, or advisor
- Please direct the person writing your letter of recommendation to the address at the end of this application
- All of the above requirements must be met for consideration
**Applicants who have received this scholarship in the past cannot reapply in consecutive years. For example, if you received a BBF scholarship in 2016, you cannot reapply in 2017, however you may reapply in 2018**
Submit this completed application by July 1, 2017 online.
*Your transcript and letter of recommendation should be mailed to following address*
The Bill Belichick Foundation
c/o BBF Application
1600 Providence Hwy, Suite 125
Walpole, MA 02081
Applicants from anywhere in the United States are eligible.
Grant recipients will be notified by October 2017.
For more information or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com